Compression socks for runners are a strong elastic sock, typically worn up to the knee.
- Compress veins on the surface of your leg, as well as arteries and muscles, so that blood is circulated through your legs through smaller circulatory channels.
- Blood gets back to your heart faster, making it less likely to pool into your feet.
- Increases circulation in their legs
- A valuable tool for blood circulation.
Benefits of Compression Socks for Runners
For athletes, compression socks are designed to:
- Reduce swelling
- Reduce muscle soreness
- Reduce muscle fatigue experienced post exercise
- Supply muscles with more oxygen
- Enhance lactic acid removal
- Decrease muscle soreness during and post exercise
The perceived benefit is that if you can circulate blood faster back to your heart, you can regenerate blood quicker to your legs.
Compression applies gentle pressure on the blood vessels in the calves so that blood cannot pool in the lower legs while stationary.