- It is important to drink lots of fluids but within a proper timeframe
- The key is not to just drink a bottle of water all at once one hour before you run
- Take small/frequent sips of water throughout the day leading to your run in the warm weather
- Don’t chug a bottle of water 5 minutes before you run because this will increase your possibility of major cramps while running
- You need more fluids for your body in the heat because you are losing more through your sweat and if you don’t replenish your supply you will become overly dehydrated.
-Jenn Gibson, RD,