Everyone’s water/fluid intake needs are different from each other, but it is easy to figure out what yours are.
- Weigh yourself before and after your next run.
- If you lose more than 2% of your body weight, bump up your fluid intake by ½ cup during your next workout.
- Continue to increase it by ½ cup until you lose less than 2% of your body weight
- What you eat before, during, and after your workout is one thing that shouldn’t change much
- Your body chews through more carbs on a sweaty run than it would on a cooler day.
- A sports drink can help you maintain your energy levels and replace electrolytes lost through sweating
It is important to note that the heat puts more stress on your body so always take care of your body and hydrate.
-Jenn Gibson, RD,